Experienced Lawyer Helping People Considering Annulments
The end of a marriage can be one of the most challenging and emotional experiences of your life. You may feel reluctant to go through the divorce process. Some people worry about the stigma of divorce and wonder if there are alternatives. In certain situations, there is an alternative: annulment.
If you are considering annulment in New York or New Jersey, Clement Law can help. We will apply the law to your circumstances so that you can secure an annulment. Daniel Clement uses his more than 25 years of experience to guide people through the annulment process with dignity and respect.
The Law on Annulment in New York and New Jersey
Civil annulment is an option for people who entered into marriages, only to find out that the marriage was not legal to begin with or the situation was not what it was presented to be. In New York and New Jersey, annulment is available to people for reasons such as:
- A spouse was legally married to someone else at the time (sometimes called bigamy)
- One of the spouses was too young to give legal consent to the marriage
- You and your spouse are too closely related to be legally married
- Either you or your spouse could not legally consent to the marriage because of mental illness or impairment
- One of the spouses was forced into the marriage by threats or fraud, including lies like a faked pregnancy
- It is discovered that you and your spouse will never be able to have sexual relations
Seeking Annulment: What You Can Expect
We can guide you the annulment process and prepare all the papers, including the complaint and judgment. If your annulment process is uncontested, you may not even have to appear in court. Whatever the situation, we can work closely with you throughout the process. We take a real, pragmatic approach to the practice of law. That means that you’ll get solid advice and clear answers about where you stand and how the law will apply. You can reach out to us with questions at any time, and we’ll always keep you updated about the status of your case.
How to Get Started
To get started, contact our law offices in New York City and Montclair, New Jersey, by calling 212-683-9551. You may also reach our law firm via email to request your private consultation our divorce and annulment lawyer.
Download Our Helpful Guides
Click on a guide below to download