What makes one marriage last and dooms another to divorce?
The answer appears to be not only communications, but positive communications according to an Infographic illustrating the Science of a Happy Relationship.
According to the findings put together by Happify:
- Happy couples have 5 positive interactions for every negative one, whereas couples who divorce have .8 happy encounters for every negative one.
- Happy couples spend at least 5 hours together.
- Not surprisingly, people are 55% more likely to be happy if they are having sex every few days.
- Couples who celebrate the other’s triumphs were happier and less depressed.
- Couples are happiest in the second year of the marriage.
What makes you happy in your relationship?
Here is the complete infographic.